Café Restaurant Grosz

×

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /is/htdocs/wp1131774_MLGD6JEK4P/www/blog/includes/common.inc).
Fanny Zschau, Digital Diva Deluxe, Food, Drinks, The Berlin Guidebook
Photo: Restaurant Café Grosz

The Café Restaurant Grosz is located in Cumberland House on Ku'Damm and run by Borchardts owner Roland Mary. The heritage-listed building was designed by architect Robert Leibnitz, built in 1911/12 and named in honour of Ernst August, Third Duke of Cumberland. Originally conceived as an apartment hotel, the property went through a long history and was finally sold to Dr. Th. Bscher, D. Maruhn and D. Germandi in 2010. They renovated the building for heritage status and returned the Ku’damm façade to its original state. At the rear of the complex 185 condominiums have been built and the Café Restaurant was named after the Berlin artist George Grosz, who lived around the corner at Savignyplatz. The German-American painter, graphic designer and caricaturist is today best known for his socially critical paintings from the 1920ties. Café Restaurant Grosz, which opened up in 2012, is clearly committed to tradition – what inspired plates in the Belle Epoque, is still delectable to this day: Don’t be surprised to see dishes on the menu such as Brussels Chicken, Lobster Bellevue and Ham Mousse in Port Wine Jelly, variations of the original 1912 menu by F. W. Borchardt. Or just drop by on a rainy afternoon for the delicious Princess Viktoria Cake from their own Pâtisserie L'Oui: a white chocolate and pistachio extravagance. To enjoy along with the best Ganache we ever had in Berlin. Delicious!

Café Restaurant Grosz, Kurfürstendamm 193/194, D-10707 Berlin
Sun-Thur 9am–11pm, Fri and Sat 9am–11:30pm
www.grosz-berlin.de, www.loui-berlin.de